Monday, January 31, 2011

Allie Takes the Pirate Eye to the Next Level

Adorable and heartbreaking at the same time!
Our sweet Allie has to wear an eye patch!    She had another special outing with mom to visit the pediatric ophthalmologist. After watching how she tracked toys he shook in her face, the doc said her eye with the droopy eyelid was tracking slightly behind.  Thus, for one hour a day until her next visit in 2 months, she has to be a pirate.  I can't really tell if it bothers her because she has been fussy while wearing it, but maybe not because of the eye patch.  At least she is stylin' with a variety of girlie designs.  Harper is absolutely mesmerized with Allie when she has on the eye patch.  I put the eye patch on my nose for a while the other day and I don't think either of them blinked for 10 minutes staring at me...hilarious! 
Check out the intensity of Harper's stare even while eating (that's why you only get the tops of their heads lest your parental controls block you from this site)
Empathizing.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, cute Allie and her patch! I am not at all surprised Harper is mesmerized. I remember when Andrew had to wear an eye patch and I thought it was awesome as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not cool, unless you get to wear an eyepatch....just ask Anna :) she and Allie are special friends now!

    ReplyDelete