Monday, January 3, 2011

Ring in the New Year

I got sick last week with a really bad, make you weak-in-knees cold. I felt like my head was going to explode and it made me so thankful once again that I did not a difficult delivery or c-section to recover from, because caring for babies while in pain is no fun.  I have a new admiration for anyone with a handicap who raises kids.  Every other time I've been sick, I just got to sleep and do anything I wanted til I got better.  This time I had to get up every three hours to feed them.  Thankfully, Michael worked from home and took care of them the rest of the time. We had to cancel on a weekend with friends in the mountains because Michael also got sick, so we holed up and celebrated the New Year by cooking more Alice Waters recipes for the first time since the babes arrived.  Roasted Wild Salmon and Pureed Rutabagas and parsnips.  I did not have high hopes for the vegetable purees, but the rutabagas were delicious- very creamy and rich on their own, with little butter or oil.  I may prefer them to mashed potatoes.  The parsnips were not my favorite, but I should give them another try with more seasonings.


Being holed up with cute babies results in lots of pictures and you can see more in our albums to the left:
Allie's neck is not quite ready for the Bumpo seat, though she's still happy. 



 Sunday football with dad

No comments:

Post a Comment