Friday, October 15, 2010

Babies coming

We are in the labor/delivery room waiting for Kakhi to get so close to birthing the blueberries that they move us to the operating room. Standard procedure is to deliver all twins in the OR, just in case there are some tangled-up type complications and the doctors need to do an emergency C-section. Of course, we're hoping that won't happen. The worst-case scenario is to have to recover from one natural birth and one C-section -- no fun.

Anyway, I've been asking the nurses and doctors all kinds of questions. They've commented on how I'm more inquisitive than most dads-to-be. I took that as a compliment.

She is anesthetized and napping through contractions. Not quite as dramatic as the movies. I think we're still a few hours away, but it feels like things are moving quickly. We'll try to keep everyone updated.

Here are a couple of pictures.

Last night we had one last pre-babies date, and here is a before-dinner picture:



By the way, we went to Murphy's in Virginia Highland, which was great. The highlighted dish is my shrimp & grits. I don't often order shrimp & grits because I never find anything that compares to City Grocery's (in Oxford, MS) -- which means I usually come away disappointed. But last night's were a different style, and I really liked them. Roux-based instead of cream-based, I think. I would order the dessert trio again, and I might go back just for the flatbread appetizer.

But enough about food. Time to focus on babies.

One last belly picture:

1 comment: