Thursday, March 8, 2012

New Home

We are really loving our new home. Allie and Harper are the perfect age to start enjoying our backyard, and heading outside is an easy and welcome change of scenery without having to leave the house.  Michael's parents brought us a housewarming present that Harper and Allie can't get enough of:

They love to "side"
This may be why they don't like me taking pictures -- oops!

I thought I would really miss our condo, but this neighborhood has a lot to offer to replace what we left.  I was most sad to not be able to walk to the grocery store, but turns out that it is totally possible.  It's a bit further and hillier than my old Trader Joe's walk and it is to Publix, but I need the workout.  I was a little sentimental about driving to the Botanical Gardens for the first time yesterday, but we love our new playground, Tanyard Creek Park, and we even saw a duck in the creek, which helped get over the loss of our daily Piedmont Park duck visits.

Allie at Tanyard Creek
We've loved having my sister and her dog Weezy in town!!
Loving Weezy.  We are working on being gentle.

Harper wants to wear her pig backpack everywhere.

Harper's love for backpacks has been helpful when I'm attempting to use the leashes.  The first experience with the leashes at the aquarium was out of control and looked like child abuse.  Today at the zoo they seemed to like the leashes, especially when I called it a tail.  This was a trial run; I still had the stroller, of course.  It was so much fun to see all the animals with their friend Charlie.



3 comments:

  1. They are getting so big. It must mean it is time for another visit! P.S. I love the Bunnykins mugs. I had a Bunnykins clock and lamp in my room growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, the slide pictures! Kakhi, you are hysterical! They are so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, that second slide picture made me crack up! Is that bad?! :) They are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete