Monday, August 22, 2011

Eye Patch Ale

Allie joined with us in celebrating our friends' launching Monday Night Brewing For now, they have two beers available in select Atlanta bars and stores.  While I prefer the Scotch Ale for its subtle sweetness, Allie prefers the Eye Patch Ale.  As you can see she was very happy to have a beer that celebrates eye patches:


We picked her up a "growler" at Hop City.  I had never heard of a growler until the guys at Monday Night decided to release their beer in this form (which for some reason only recently became legal in Georgia).  It's a half gallon glass jug to share with friends.  I much prefer lots of growlers to a keg. I'll be honest. I do not understand the ways of a keg: how to tap it, do a keg stand, much less, just serve myself a proper beer from that contraption.  A growler I can do. 


Cheers, Allie!


Harper, though sans eye patch, wanted in on the action, too:
Nice beer gut.

Next time you see Monday Night Brewing on the menu, you must indulge.  It's spreading like wildfire across the ATL.

2 comments: