Thursday, February 10, 2011

Restaurants on my Birthday

On Tuesday, I celebrated my first birthday as a mama. Michael stole the monitor from beside my head when he woke up and I was awoken by freshly diapered babies and warm "Meat-Mo."  "Meat-Mo" is what I screamed over and over as a toddler each morning until my mom shoved a spoonful of oatmeal into my mouth.  Michael and I have recently discovered steel-cut oats and love them, so this was a great treat.  Michael also split from work to meet me for lunch at Pasta Da Pulcinella.  It was fun to discover this little yellow house that serves delicious Italian not far from our house. I highly recommend the buckwheat pasta with sauteed rapini and I'm no champagne connoisseur, but really liked the Cavit Lunetta Prosecco. I'll look for a bottle next time I need some cheap bubbly.

After Italian for lunch, we hired a babysitter and had French for dinner at Atmosphere. It was very French and delicious if you like French food (lots of butter and sauce).  I was disappointed that there was no birthday perk, like a free dessert. Come on! We reminisced about our travels to France and elsewhere pre-blueberries and threw around ideas for our five year anniversary trip in June.   Our trips from here on will be a bit abbreviated because of our blueberries and no long transitions between jobs.  Here is a blueberry with a French onesie from her Aunt Lauren who is teaching in Aix en Provence:

No comments:

Post a Comment