Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sleep

Last night, Harper slept for 5 straight hours! Michael gave her a 6 oz milkshake (what we call formula) at 9:15 and she was asleep by 10 and didn't stir until 2:15. This is particularly amazing because she slept through Allie's most ear piercing screaming session to date. The plan was to put them both down around 9:30 but Allie would have none of it. After multiple trips to and from our bed and the nursery to soothe, rock, nurse again, and replace the paci, I gave up at 12:15 and let her "cry it out." It sounded like the cat fight of the century and about broke my heart, but I also could not manage to get out of bed one more time. She either quit after 15 minutes or I just slept through it, can't remember. At 2:15 she was sleeping soundly and I had to wake her up to eat with Harper. After that, Harper woke up about every 2 hours to eat again, maybe because she had stretched five hours before?? Anyways, if I can get miss Allie to sleep I may be close to five straight hours of sleep. Allie goes down for naps during the day easily, while Harper wants to stay up and play or nurse some more. I've got one night owl and one rooster (or some other animal that stays awake all day).
Allie the Night Owl
Harper the Rooster



Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

  1. Kakhi,

    My heart goes out to you and Michael. I know it's hard for y'all to not get much sleep. "Better days ahead", I've always heard.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete