Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sweet Moments

I hope I will never forget this:  Allie has started to sing Jesus loves me when I put her to sleep and just now, she let me rock and hold her while she sang along with me. "la ah ah ah, bible, so, ah la, geeesus." Then every ten seconds she would lift her head off my chest and give me a sweet sloppy kiss.  Five minutes of that and all the tantrums of the week were washed far from me. Allie is one busy little lady, so I do not get enough snuggle time with her.  Pure bliss!

Both ladies are a little under the weather, especially Harper, so we've had some trying moments this week and had to cancel all plans to meet friends.  BUT, I just came off the most relaxing 4 night vacation, the weekend with our Texas friends in Colorado I look forward to every year! Last year, I left a 4 page manual on how to care for Allie and Harper, pumped every 3 hours, and thought about them every 5 minutes.  This year, I scribbled a page of food suggestions and a general schedule and walked out the door with confidence.  A huge thank you to our parents for keeping Allie and Harper.







They had a blast being spoiled by grandparents and didn't miss us one bit.  We were worried the snow would be bad, but it was perfect and I was reminded how amazing it is to fly down snowy hills in God's incredible creation.  Skiing can be so awesome that sometimes it just feels silly and surreal.  We are taking advantage of willing parents while we can. One day we will take Allie and Harper skiing and I know that it will be a lot of work: carrying gear, pulling kids down cat trails, and warming frozen fingers and noses.  At the same time, seeing three year olds flying down hills and bumping their way between moguls makes me excited about it.

Chippen Nails is where we get manicures and pedicures in Colorado.  Someone please submit this pic to failblog.com.

One day we will teach them to ski; for now we will teach them how to sit in chairs.


Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment